After the success of the last episode of the “Beyond Borders: Breakfast Debate”, the next edition will take place on May 17, 2022 and will aim to understand how border regions collaborate in their preparation and response to the risks of natural and industrial disasters.
The natural and industrial disasters of last autumn and summer in Europe, characterized by heavy floods, forest fires and water pollution, once again caused casualties. Border regions play a particularly important role here: since many EU borders are drawn along natural barriers (such as rivers, forests or mountains), the risk management these barriers require becomes a shared responsibility.
During this breakfast debate, we will hear the following voices from border territories working hard to prepare for and respond to emergencies, as well as policy makers and experts, including:
• Myriam Boveda, Team Leader, Smart and Sustainable Growth Unit, DG REGIO
• Ignacio Sanchez Amor, Member of the European Parliament, Group of the Progressive Alliance of Socialists and Democrats
• Ángela Iglesias Rodrigo, Head of Forest Fire Defense Department, Ministry of Ecological Transition and Demographic Challenge (MITECO), Spain
• Marcela Glodeanu, Head of Unit, Managing Authority for Interreg VA Romania-Bulgaria
• Aldo Primiero, CROSSIT SAFER project representative, Italy
European Commission, DG Regio, Unit D.2
Registration Information : https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_VPeFZG_FS4uwlobM1xhZuQ
Website / Webstreaming